Friday, October 23, 2009

One-on-One reading program, HOSTS. Trust me...it doesn't get much better than this!

From Gaye Pollitt:
HOSTS stands for Help One Student to Succeed. It's a during-the-school-day reading mentorship program at Cesar Chavez Community School for 2nd - 5th graders. I'm in my third school year of being a mentor myself, and I'm hook-line-and-sinker-in-love with the program and its incredible results. And did I mention the children!??!!! Since you get to work with the same child week after week, you develop a precious relationship and get to view first-hand the progress your child is making.

You can be involved for as little as 30 minutes a week ... but I'm betting you'll sign up for more.

Contact Debby Maas, dmaas@sfps.info, dedicated and enthusiastic HOSTS Administrator, about the 2010-2011 school year. You'll be glad you did.

DIRECTIONS:  Turn RIGHT off Cerrillos (headed south) onto Jaguar (at the traffic light for Jaguar and Gov. Miles Road).  Turn RIGHT onto Avenida Contenta (at the STOP sign).  Turn left into the school parking lot.  HOSTS classroom is facing the parking with a sign in the window.